Presented by Hometown-Motors, Inc.
There’s a new weapon in the arsenal for fighting brush fires in Pike County.
Pebble Twp. Fire Chief, Jerry Wessel says the two-year long process finally came through with a happy ending. Through grant funding, the department which covers 35 square miles of Pike County, the township needed to raise just $18,000 of the cost of the Ford F-550 truck which will replace two trucks.
Wessel says the old brush truck had been in service for more than 30 years. The new truck, coming in at $167,000, distributed water more than 30 feet from its front bumper sprayers and the remote controlled Tornado nozzle shoots water between 50-75 feet during a demonstration at the firehouse October 31st. The nozzle can has a wide range of capabilities, including launching an oscillating plume or a wide range spray of water.
The truck was built by Weis Fire & Safety in Salina, Kansas. Wessel drove the truck back home to Ohio late last week and said its presence commanded quite a few looks from other travelers.
Pebble Twp. FD has mutual aid with neighboring townships in Pike County and bordering Pike County.
FROM WEIS FIRE & SAFETY EQUIPMENT: The Weis Quick Attack 300RM has ample storage space, a PAC Tool Board, two rear Hannay hose reels, TFT Tornado monitor with joystick control, a side whipline, and front ground sweeps. . . this big tire brush truck has the ability to reach those difficult-to-reach locations and extinguish a fire.
Tank: 300 gallon
Pump: Hale model HPX300-B18
Truck Body: 2020 Ford F-550 Super Duty Chassis
Chassis: Super Cab
- Warn Zeon 10 quick mount winch
- 1.0” x 8’ red rubber booster whip line at the passenger front corner of the fire body
- Two Hannay EF-24-30-31 heavy duty electric rewind booster reels
- One TFT 1.0” QuadraFog 5-10-24-40-60 GPM adjustable gallonage nozzle with pistol grip with each booster reel
- Two bumper mounted ground sweep nozzles
- TFT Tornado with joystick control
- Fully Transverse Compartment with a PAC vertical slide out tool board
- Compartments with satin finish roll up doors
- Compartments over the Rear Wheel Wells
- Two underbody toolboxes
- Rear Tool Compartment 96”D x 30”W x 5”H
- Loose Storage Compartment behind the headache rack
- Two pull-out drop-down steps on the rear of the apparatus
- Kussmaul Auto Charge 1000 with Super Auto Eject plug and battery status indicator
- Whelen Liberty II NFPA compliant 54” (Red) LED light bar with 360-degree protection including side protection
- Three 10” Tomar LED TRX Off-Road single row flood lights
- Two 20” Tomar LED TRX Off-Road single row flood lights
- Back up camera with a 7” screen
- One LED underbody ground light under each corner of the fire body
- Two LED work lights provided, mounted one on each side of the headache rack
- Dual steering stabilizers and replace the OEM shock
- Saddle Step under transverse compartment